History is littered with letters of love as a way of traversing great distances or short. They have been a means to express thoughts, questions and feelings that may be left hanging in the asterix due to life choices and or circumstances. Time has taken us away from the need to wait for weeks or months even for correspondence to occur. We can now expect a response to a posted written query in seconds, providing the recipent and or sender has quick access to a computer or a cell phone with service.

Photos have too, come along for the technological ride. No longer requiring a darkroom, jars of chemicals, special paper to capture a moment of a shared reality. Some might find it a sadder day when any old fool with $100 and a computer can snap off shorts, much like the mournful passing of the art of the sword to the ease of use of the gun.

I find I like the ability to be able to snap off shots of my day and my perceived reality and share them. Share them with special someone and other photos with others. It is uniqueness for me to use photos more so than words so I am looking forward to this endeavor. This documenting of a journey with another through shared words and photos.

Sunday 22 May 2011

Beach Shells



I went out for a walk on the beach today, it was overcast and the ocean was calm.  The tide was out and as we walked along we combed over the rocks for anything intresting that caught our eye.  Maybe these ones could be made into earings. I would have to see how heavy they are, I found one that is quite a bit smaller then these, but I would have to find a mate to it.


 

These shells are wonderful with their intricate designs, I think I might try to make some necklaces out of them, I will have to look into how to fasten them.




 
I put the dime next to the shells so you could see the size of them.  The orange is like a buttery peach, I just love the texture and feel of them.  They feel soft and smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment